Azerbaijan Market Information
- Due to the large surge in economic growth from oil and gas exports, the quality of life and income has significantly increased in Azerbaijan. The economy grew in 2012 by 3.8%, according to the World Factbook.
- This economic spurt has influenced the government to heavily invest in the international education for its students.
- Azerbaijan with its young population, over 30% of the country’s total population, is one of the fastest growing student-market in Central Asia.
- The percentage of students studying abroad grew by 7.6% in 2011.
- SOFAZ (State Oil Fund of Azerbaijan) has dedicated a portion of its budget to support Azeri students to study abroad for the years 2007-2015.
- According to Open Doors Statistics, in 2014/15, there is 6.5% increase from 20013/14 in the number of students choosing to study in the USA.
- According to 2010 UNESCO report, the leading study abroad destination countries are Russia, Turkey, the UK and the US.
- 2,612 students were sent abroad within the state program sponsored by Education Commission on education of Azerbaijani youth abroad in 2007-2015.
Click here to see 2016 a2 Azerbaijan Fairs’ Statistics