Ukranian Market Facts
- Largest country in Europe with 45 million population, democratic country & rapidly growing market.
- The number of Ukrainian students at foreign universities as of the 2013/2014 academic year is 47,724 people. Over the last 6 years, the number of the Ukrainian students who went to study abroad increased from 21,5 to 47,7 thousands people.
- Among the most preferred 12 countries for studies were Poland, Germany, Russia, Canada, Czech Republic, Italy, USA, Spain, France, Australia, UK. These countries are followed by Austria, Hungary, Bulgaria, Switzerland, Sweden, Turkey, Latvia
- The Ukrainian Association of International Education and Exchanges Agencies (AIEEA) reports that from 2012 to 2014 student demand was on the increase for higher education abroad. The AIEEA notes as well that, key areas of demand include business, computing science, and tourism.
- In 2015 just over 50,000 Ukrainian students studied abroad.
- According to Open Doors Statistics, in 2015/16, # of Ukrainian students studied in the USA, raised up 8,3% from 2014/2015.
- A study was released about Ukrainian students, over half (56%) have a desire to study abroad and 12% have plans to do so– a percentage the British Council said is a “comparatively high proportion”.